All About Body Sugaring
The earliest references to hair removal came from the ancient civilizations of Egypt and Greece. Ancient Egyptians place a high importance on aesthetics, cosmetics and the removal of body hair which was considered unclean by the upper class. This is when the method of using sugar for hair removal treatments was developed and is still being used today!
The art of professional body sugaring has grown in popularity in salons and spas over the past decade and is slowly making it's way into the Maritimes. This sugar paste is a 100% natural, safe and a gentle solution to hair removal for women, men and children. This unique technique known as "flicking" is successful and safe for every skin type, hair colour and texture.What is Body Sugaring?
- It’s 100% all natural! You can actually eat it!
- Sugar is applied warm or cool so it is gentle on the skin.
- Removes hair with the growth so there is less breakage or ingrown hairs.
- It’s great for stubborn hair and it discourages new growth.
- No more shaving! Treatment frequency is about every 4 weeks!
- You only need about 1/8” growth before your next sugaring.
- Less pain and better results than waxing.
- Cleans up easily & no use of cloth strips.
- Has been used in Egypt since 300 BC!