After a decade of working on, and with, a wide array of clients I have cultivated a genuine passion for the body work I do. I take great pride in every treatment I give, and enjoy connecting with new people all the time. I feel blessed to be able to do it for a living! Every session I give, I give with authentic, earnest, intention with the highest good of the client in mind.
My name is Jasmin MacKinnon, practitioner and owner of Sogo Body Therapy. I have been a Registered Massage Therapist since 2000, a Body Sugaring Practitioner since 2002, and have been practicing Usui Reiki since 2004. Recently, I have become certified in Hand and Foot Reflexology, Cupping Therapy, and have also become a certified Reiki Master/Teacher. I would love to connect with you if this seems like a fit!
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Over a decade of hands-on Registered Massage Therapy and Body Sugaring experience while working independently and with other health professionals.
- Successful business owner of a Holistic Wellness Studio with a full client load: 4 years in California and in Nova Scotia since 2003.
- Current client base of over 600.
- Therapeutic massage training from the National Holistic Institute- CA, USA with the following modalities but not limited to; Shiatsu, Swedish, deep tissue, trigger point therapy, myofacial release, PNF stretches, hydrotherapy, chair massage. - April 2000
- Member of The Massage Therapists and Wholistic Practitioners Association of The Maritimes. - April 2004 - Present
- Received Letter or Recognition for outstanding work in the field of Massage Therapy - 2009
- MTWPAM board member for 5 years. - (2005-2010)
- Certified - Cupping Therapy Level One. - July 2012
- Certified - Hand Reflexologist. - Oct. 2010
- Certified - Foot Reflexologist. - Aug. 2012
- Usui Reiki Energy Healer: Master/Teacher Level. - Feb. 2011
- Certified - Therapeutic Touch Level 1 of 1. - Nov. 2009
- Completed Aromatherapy 3 day workshop. - 2004
- Certified Body Sugaring Practitioner. - 2002
- Certified - Canadian Red Cross: SFA/CPR-C + AED - Expires January 2014
- Member of the Cosmetology Association of Nova Scotia (CANS). - 2012-Present
- Member of The Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB). - 2006-Present
After years of working in the sales and food service industry, and having had an extensive opportunity to work with an array of people,
Ashley realized that she really enjoys helping others and wanted to take her deep interest to the next level.
She followed her true nature and graduated from ICT Northumberland College starting her career as a Registered Massage Therapist.
Ashley is trained in but not limited to Swedish Massage, Myofascial Release techniques, deep tissue, Suikodo, and sports based massage.
She is driven and eager to work with clients utilizing her knowledge, her intuitive hands, her firm confident touch, and her healing gentle spirit. She finds with all her experience to date, and seeing the results and satisfaction from her clients that is inspires her passion to grow for her hands-on work. She looks forward to helping her clients with muscle rehabilitation, recovery from injury, and stress management. Ashley looks forward to being a part of your healing team and a part of guiding you to reach your personal health goals.
- ICT Northumberland College Massage Therapy Diploma
- MTANS member in good standing, July 2014
- Award of Excellence from MTANS, July 2014
- Certified Myofacial Release Techniques, Basic Level
- Certified Suikodo Massage, Level One
- CPR & First Aid
- Electives: Myofacial Release, Suikodo
- Field work: Blue Nose Marathon Post Race Treatments
- Elderly chair massage at St. Vincent Nursing Home
Sheldon is the newest member of the Sogo Body Therapy Team.
Sheldon Anthony is from the quaint town of Pasadena, Newfoundland; it is a picturesque community on
the shores of Deer Lake. Sheldon moved to beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia at the young age of nineteen.
Perusing an education in computers, Sheldon soon realized that this path did not incorporate his love for
being around people, he needed to have a connection with his clients and peers that this industry did
not provide. Following a decision to change career paths, Sheldon was in a terrible car accident that left
him with a broken hand, whiplash, and nerve and muscle damage in his back. After pursuing multiple
treatments to feel relief from the chronic pain, insomnia and social anxiety that followed he found no
reprieve. After being recommended to an Acupuncturist and Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor, here
in Halifax, Sheldon realized that this was the path he should follow after he had profound results in his
physical and mental state- this is how he wanted to help others.
After two years of intensive training at the Canadian College of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese
Medicine (CCATCM) in Bedford, NS, Sheldon is following his true dream of being able to connect and
communicate with each of his clients individually. Sheldon has had success aiding patients with pre and
post-surgery cancer care, menopause, depression and anxiety and much more; he thrives when he sees
his patients feel relief of their symptoms after treatment. Sheldon is excited to bring his knowledge of
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and his compassion for client care to SOGO. Sheldon’s services
include: Acupuncture, Auricular Acupuncture & Seeding, Acupressure Massage, Fire, Slide & Wet
Cupping, TCM-Reflexology, Gua Sha, and Tui Na.
- Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Diploma from CCATCM, 2016.
- Registered Acupuncturist (RA.c) with the Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Association of Canada, Nova Scotia Chapter, 2016.
- Fully insured through Preventative Health Services Group, 2016.
- Acupuncture Clean Needle Technique (CNT Exam) certified, 2015.
- Certified in TCM-Reflexology, (170 hours), 2015.
- Certified in Fire & Wet Cupping (Blood Letting), 2015.
- Reiki Level 1 certificate, 2015.
- Reflexology Course Instructor and Teachers Assistant, CCATCM
- 2220 hours in lecture and hands on training in Acupuncture and TCM
- 750 hours of clinical training in Acupuncture and Client Care Procedures